Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Review of L'oreal Derma Genesis Pore Minimising Smoother Scrub

This is a review of the L'oreal Derma Genesis Pore Minimising Smoother Scrub from Derma Genesis line. This scrub contains BHA and polishing micro-beads to smooth, refresh and brighten skin. What I like about this scrub is that it is a clay-based scrub that helps to purify and control oil production on the face. Clay-based cleanser/scrub/mask are usually used to deep cleanse the skin.This scrub has tiny red and white micro-beads to gently exfoliate the epidermal (outer layer of the skin). Not only that, it also has BHA (salicylic acid) that help to minimize pore by penetrating deep into the pore. I think this a good scrub, not great. This scrub is not harsh on skin and to be used daily after cleansing.However,  I don't see any improvement on my pores or my whiteheads. I have a few whitehead on my nose area and this scrub doesn't help to reduce any of that. This scrub can be a bit drying because of the clay. Clay (or kaolin) is very good mattifying agent and it does a good job to absorb oil and making your face less oily throughout the day but at the same time can be a bit drying. I'm still searching for a good and cheaper replacement of my HG scrub, Dermalogica Skin Prep Scrub which to me is the best scrub out there. Its not as harsh as St Ives Apricot scrub but not as soft as this scrub. But for the price, it still a good scrub and worth buying.


No comments:

Post a Comment