Friday, April 2, 2010

My HGs: Mac Studio Fix foundations and Mac Prep + Prime Translucent Loose Powder


I've been an avid user of Mac Studio Fix foundation since 4 years ago. Before this, I used only drugstore brand such as Maybelline, L'oreal and Revlon. I read so many mixed review on this foundation that occasionally make me back off from buying it. After few months of being indecisive and frequent visit to Mac counter, I finally bought the fluid version. Luckily, the foundation loved me too.haha. I loved liquid foundation because it gave more coverage, easy application and last longer than the compact or loose powder. Even though I don't have much experience with high brand foundation but I've tried several sample of high-end foundation but nothing compared to this. I've tried Estee Lauder Double Wear and Shiseido and its too thick, Clinique foundation make me looked washout and chalky and Dior foundation which is good but this gave a dewy/shiny finish (I preferred semi-matte) and not enough coverage for me.This covers everything really well and most of the time I don't need any concealer along with this. The smell is a bit like a paint, which I don't really mind anyway. haha.

When I first used this, probably after a year I started to have breakout from this. It was really strange. But then I realized that this happened because I change my cleanser (Olay Total Effect cleanser) which cleanse really poorly and also because I didn't used any oil-based pre-cleanser to take my makeup off. Using makeup removers (wet tissue) won't clean this foundation. You really need much stronger cleanser and oil-based pre-cleanser. Because of such coverage, it really does stick to your skin. I've used Dermalogica Precleanse, SK-II cleansing oil and even olive oil, and they all removed the foundation really well. I also bought the pump dispenser that protect the foundation from the bacteria on my hand and its just more hygienic. But you need to buy this separately (for AUD5, not sure the price in Malaysia).

The Studio Fix compact is also great. Great coverage, and gave flawless but natural finish. This is the only compact powder that didn't clump up, or looking chalky or powdery on me. This reminds me Maybelline Dream Matte Compact but this has very minimal coverage. I used this when I need minimal makeup and for touch up. If you use only the liquid version with out this, your makeup will not last as long and you get shiny after a few hours. But if you used this powder on top of your liquid foundation, your makeup will last very long and it gave you a semi-matte/matte finish. The price is I think RM102.

Even though with these duo, my makeup still melting and I hate looking shiny like an oil slick. Urggghh...When I had a makeup trial with Estee Lauder latest loose powder, CyberWhite EX Extra Brightening Loose Powder (RM150), the makeup artist told me to use loose powder on top of my foundation. Wowww..I'm really suprised after he put the powder on my face and even though after 6 hours, I was still shine-free. So, I decided to try Mac version of translucent loose powder. Actually I hate loose powder because it usually make me sneeze, too much make my foundation looking cakey and washout. But I didn't experience any of this with this powder. It doesn't look cakey and it gave a soft focus look. It make your foundation more matte but not flat look. To avoid messy application, you just punctured 1 or 2 holes on the black plastic cover instead of taking it all off . The price is RM 90 I think and my only gripe is that the container is too small. With these, I don't have to worry much about shining armour on my face.haha

All in all, I really recommended these trios to all oily gals especially those living in humid weather like Malaysia. Definitely HGs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment