Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Updated product reviews...

I just wanna update on my reviews of a few products that I used. The first product is the SK-II Cellumination Essence  which I think is probably a bit rich on my skin to be used every day and was causing a few clogged pores. So, I reduce the usage of this essence to probably only 2-3 times a week and focus on several spots (acne marks and pigmented spots) rather than the whole face.

Same goes for Hada Labo Super Hyaluronic Acid which I think causing breakout on my face. So, I decided to use it like once everyday as a mask but no improvement. I really like this product but its probably too rich for my skin. After I stopped using this, my skin improved. So, this is probably not suitable for my skin. But this probably great for people with dry skin because I noticed my skin looks more hydrated (probably too much!) from using this.

The next product that I want to review is from Hada Labo range as well, the Hada Labo AHA + BHA cleanser. I've used several AHA/BHA- based products previously such as MD Forte, SK-II, Dermalogica and L'oreal and I loved it. I preferred a chemical exfoliation much more than physical exfoliation and AHA/BHA- containing products are just the great way to achieve a glowing skin. Even though some people believe that using the AHA/BHA based cleanser will not be as effective due to the short duration of skin exposure to the AHA/BHA ingredients, I decided to give it a try anyway because it was pretty cheap for a drugstore brand. I didn't really care much about cleanser anyway because as long as the cleanser cleanse well, I don't mind at all. So, I decided to try this and after using it for almost 1+ months, all I can say this is a crappy cleanser.I used a lot of heavy-duty make up and because this product doesn't clean well, I ended up with dry, clogged pore and breakout even though I used cleansing oil to clean my makeup.The texture of this cleanser is creamy, foams well but it leave the skin tight and dry after that. Even though I have combination/oily skin, this cleanser just stripped the moisture off my skin completely. Not exactly what I want in a cleanser. As I said before, this doesn't clean the skin well and if you used a lot of foundation, this is a terrible product for you. I stopped using this and my skin improved after that. So, no more HADA LABO for me. Bye bye. hehe



The next product that I want to review is one of my favourite cleanser, the L'oreal White Perfect Re-Lighting Whitening cleanser as shown by my cute model. hehe. This is by far the best drugstore cleanser I've tried. I've been searching for a good drugstore cleanser but none cleanse as well as this one. This cleanser is comparable to other high-end cleanser such as SK-II and Estee Lauder. Actually this cleanser reminds me so much of Estee Lauder  Perfectly Clean Splash Away cleanser in term of the texture and smell. I'm on my third tube and I even gave one to my mother and she loved it. This cleanser has a creamy texture and foams so well even without cleansing oil and non-drying too.I don't mind a cheap cleanser because that means I can save more for my other products and this is definitely HG product. Not sure much about the lightening or whitening effect of this cleanser because I don't really use this cleanser for that purpose. But as cleanser, this does a great job.

No comments:

Post a Comment